Welcome to the platform dedicated to the celebration of the 45th anniversary of OMNIS.
Since its creation in 1976, this state body has worked for the economic development of Madagascar, particularly through the upstream oil and mining sectors.
The results of the various studies carried out for more than a century, demonstrate the great potential of the subsoil of the Grande-île, in terms of hydrocarbons and strategic minerals. The data, which bear witness to this, will be highlighted during this year’s celebration.
Through this platform, we provide you with all the information that reflects our 45 years of experience, as well as the prospects and the future of said sectors in Madagascar.
– Ms. Ony ANDRIAMANDANJA , Director of the OMNIS Laboratory
– Mr Rija RAKOTOSON , Director General of the National Office for the Environment (ONE) < / span>
– Mr Olivier BELALAHY , Director of Hydrocarbons OMNIS
– Mrs. Lalanirina RASOANANDRIANINA , Consultant in Geosciences and Environment
– Njaka ANDRIATEFIARINESY , President of the Association of Environmental Journalists
– Mr GERMAIN , Director General of Taxes
– Dr David RAKOTO , PCA of the Cercle de Réflexions des Économistes de Madagascar (CREM) span >
– Mr Olivier RAKOTOMALALA , Technical Advisor of MMRS
– Mr Serge ZAFIMAHOVA, Political analyst
– Hugues RAZAFINDRAMOSA, QMM representative
– Mr Willy RANJATOELINA , Member of the Association of Professionals of the Upstream Petroleum Sector in Madagascar
– Dr Clodette RAHARIMANANIRINA , Member of the Commission on the Limits of the Continental Shelf (CLCS)
– Elia RABEVAHINY , SG Otrikafo
– Mr Joeli Valérien LALAHARISAINA , Ex Minister of Mines and Petroleum and Ex General Manager of OMNIS
– Pr Mamy Ravelomanana , President of the University of Antananarivo p >
– Mr Bonaventure RASOANAIVO , Ex General Manager of OMNIS
– Mme Marcelle DANE , Technical Advisor of MMRS
– Mr Rémi Huber , Managing Director of Hydroelectricity of Volobe
This year marks the 45 th anniversary of OMNIS.
Proud to represent this public company as its PCA for more than two years, I would like to send my best wishes for prosperity and success to the organization and all the staff who work valiantly every day for its growth and development.
More than four decades ago, OMNIS was founded to develop strategic resources, sources of energy. The company operates under the supervision of the Ministry of Mines and Strategic Resources. Although public, it does not benefit from any form of subsidy and has long supported public policy in terms of investments for the development and emergence of Madagascar. Throughout these 45 years, OMNIS has continued to demonstrate its capacity to create added value and innovation thanks to the talent of its visionary leaders and expert technicians, the driving forces behind the realization of our strategic plan of development.
Indeed, we operate in a demanding sector which requires us to follow new trends in terms of energy use and consumption. In order to remain competitive on an international scale, we are continually investing in our skills and expertise in several trades going beyond geophysics. Concerned about our business ecosystem, we also forge strong and lasting links with all of our partners in all our projects.
At the dawn of a new half-century, OMNIS can now capitalize on the fruits of its extensive research into mineral and oil wealth to promote Madagascar’s underground potential in an agile and efficient manner. It is therefore with strength and determination that we set out to conquer new opportunities for international partnerships for the exploration and extraction of strategic resources.
I would like to thank all the staff of OMNIS as well as its partners for the trust they place in me and I wish the organization long life.
Stéphanie DELMOTTE , MBA
Chairman of the Board of Directors